Reopening Schools 2020-2021
NHCS is operating under Plan B AA/BB schedule in all grades. Pre-K through grade 5 will transition to Plan A on Monday, March 8, 2021. Grades 6-12 will continue to operate under Plan B AA/BB schedule.
Under Plan A, all elementary students will have the option to choose full-time in-person learning or full-time remote learning. Schools will be contacting parents to verify the attendance option they are choosing for their student.
NHCS families should verify PowerSchool contact information is current to receive Connect 5 phone, email, and text notifications from their schools and the district.
- School Arrival Traffic Patterns
- We will be following our normal Car Drop Off Route in the morning; however, students will be screened prior to leaving the vehicle.
- 6th Grade will enter through the 6th grade hall
- 7th grade will enter through the 7th grade hall
- 8th grade will enter through the Media Center
- Bus riders, walkers will enter through the front entrance
- In the afternoons, Car Riders will remain in their last class of the day until their car is in the Car Pick Up line. We will communicate with your teacher when your car is in the car line
- Additional Pick up/Drop off information:
- Please do not enter the Bus drop off and front parking area in the morning, This area is restricted to Bus Drop Off and staff that are parking to enter the building.
- Please follow our Drop Off procedures by dropping students off by the 6th and 7th grade hallways even if you have a high school student.
- Again, in the afternoon for Car Pick Up, please remember not to enter the Bus Parking area in the afternoon to pick up your child.
- Please follow the Car Pick up line to pick up your student.
- Please display the name of your child on a sign in the front windshield of the vehicle so we can communicate this to our teachers.
- Students will remain in their last class of the day until teachers are notified that their parent is in the car line for pick up
- School Arrival Health Screening Procedures
- Attestation Form English
- Attestation Form Spanish
- Bus Routes
- Building Social Distancing Features/Expectations - students will be expected to maintain a 6 foot distance from others in the building.
- Procedures When a Student Becomes Ill at School
- Mask Guidance
- EC Daily F2F Guidance
- District-Wide Plan A/B/C Resources